Selling ads on your Wix website can be an excellent way to monetize your traffic and add another revenue stream to your online business. By allocating dedicated spots on your website for ads, you can offer advertisers space to promote their products or services and earn a solid income in the process. In this article, we will discuss several key topics including the benefits of selling ads, how to create ad spaces, setting up a partnership page, and how to leverage self-serve ad platforms like Rack.
The Benefits of Selling Ads
There are several benefits to selling ads on your Wix website that make it a worthwhile endeavor. Here are a few to consider:
- Additional Revenue: Monetizing your site with ads can provide a significant boost to your earnings. Advertisers will pay to have their products or services promoted on your website, providing you with a regular income stream.
- Targeted Advertising: As the site owner, you have control over what types of ads are displayed on your site. This means you can choose advertisers that align with your brand and audience, ensuring the ads are relevant and useful to your visitors.
- Easy to Manage: With self-serve ad platforms like Rack, managing your ads can be a breeze. These platforms allow advertisers to buy ad space directly from you, reducing the time and effort needed on your end to sell and manage ads.
Creating Ad spaces
Ad spaces are designated areas on your website where ads will be displayed. To sell ads effectively, it’s important to set up and manage these zones properly. Here’s how:
- Identify Ad Placement: Consider where you want to display ads on your website. Common areas include the header, footer, home page, category pages, sidebar,s and within the main content. Keep user experience in mind while deciding.
- Determine Ad Size: The size of your ad space will depend on the placement and the type of ad format you want to use. Standard banner ad sizes include 728×90, 300×250, and 468×60 pixels however you can use any size banner which makes sense for your wix website and content.
- Creating Ad spaces:Once you’ve determined where the ads will be placed and the dimensions of your ads, it’s time to create and set up the actual ads in your specified ad zones. Thankfully, Wix makes this process straightforward. Here’s how to add an image to your site using the Wix Editor:
- Enter Wix Editor: Login to your Wix account and open up the editor of the webpage where you want to place the ad.
- Add Image: From the left-hand side menu of the Wix Editor, select the ‘Add’ button and then click on ‘Image’.
- Select Image: You can either upload an image from your device or choose one from the Wix gallery. Keep in mind that the image should be created in the dimensions matching your ad size that you determined earlier.
- Position and Resize: Once you have your image uploaded, you can use the editor’s drag-and-drop functionality to position it in your chosen ad zone. You can also adjust the size if needed, however, beware of distorting the image.
- Link the Image: The last step is to link your image to the advertiser’s website or specific product page (once you have sold an Ad!). Click on the image, select ‘Link’, and then add the URL provided by your advertiser. Make sure the URL starts with ‘https://’ for security purposes.
- Preview and Publish: Before you click publish, be sure to preview your ad. This will allow you to see the ad just as your website visitors will. Once you’re satisfied that the ad looks good and works correctly, hit publish to make the ad live on your site.
- Manage Your Ad spaces: Once you’ve identified your ad placement and sizes, you need to manage the sale and publishing of ads. You can handle this process manually or use a free platform like Rack.
Setting Up a Page to Form Partnerships
To attract advertisers, you need to make it easy for them to reach out to you. Setting “Advertise with Us” or “Partnership” page can help potential partners understand what you have to offer.
- Information to Include: On this page, detail the benefits of advertising on your site, your audience demographics, ad formats you offer, and pricing if applicable.
- Easy Contact: Ensure there’s a straightforward way for potential partners to get in touch with you, either through a contact form or by providing contact details.
- Professionalism: Keep the tone of your partnership page professional. Make sure information is accurate, up-to-date and honest.
Utilizing a platform such as Rack enables you to design a fully personalized Ad page that showcases your statistics while also streamlining the sales process.
The Role of Self-Serve Ad Platforms: Rack
Managing sales and placements of ads can become cumbersome, especially as the size of your Wix site grows. That’s where self-serve platforms like Rack come in. Rack is a robust platform that allows you to manage the sale of ads on your six website. Advertisers can buy space directly from you through the platform, and you decide what ads you want to display. The control is in your hands while the hassle is taken care of by the Rack platform.
Selling ads on your Wix website is an efficient way to add a new revenue stream and monetize your website. By considering and implementing the advice given above, you can attract relevant advertisers and manage the process with ease. The benefits of ad sales, setting up ad zones, creating a partnership page, and using self-serve platforms like Rack can ensure success in this adventure. With precise planning and execution, your Wix website can serve as more than just content—it can be a strategic revenue-generating tool.